Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Daisy is into the end of her 4th week....

Daisy's belly is starting to swell as the puppies begin to grow. The first pics were taken June 4th.











The second pics were taken today.















This is such a great website if you want to follow along with what growth stage the puppies are in

http://www.debbiejensen.com/normal_whelp.html

Conception date is May 17th... here is what it says will happen this week:

"Sat 14 Jun 2008 Start to increase the dams food ration.
Don't overfeed, excessive weight gain should be avoided.
The fetuses are fully developed miniature dogs."

I have started her on eggs and cottage cheese, which she is loving!! Daisy spends a lot of time stretched out and sleeping. Right now I am busy getting her whelping box and supplies gathered and ready to go. She has this interesting look on her face every now and then, kinda like "what have you done to me?" Right now her due date is showing as July 20th.. but I am hoping for a few days later then that as school will be done.

My niece McKenna is going to come down for a bit before the puppies are born and then for the week after they are here. My other niece Lindsey will hopefully come up the first week of August to help out as well. Then we will hopefully fit in a trip to Lagoon! I am very lucky to have some extreme puppy loving kids in my family.

0 comments: