Sunday, January 25, 2009

Puppywatch 2009 day three...

Around 2am this morning I was woken by Ella. She was anxious and pacing and I thought this is it! After about 10 minutes and trying out the whelping box, her bed, Daisy's bed, a patch of carpet in the hallway, and her bed again she curled up and went to sleep. Around 4am we went through this scenario again. At 5am my alarm went off and we went outside for a potty break then I got ready for work. I hate that I have to work today, but I'm hoping to be done by noon. My good friend Steph just checked on Ella and she is pretty calm. She seems to be calm during the day, and pacing all night long. If she doesn't deliver tonight I am going to take her down to Kim's and see if being in her normal environment will help her to deliver.

There isn't much more room for those puppies to grow. I keep feeling paws poking out through her ribs. I've counted 4 heartbeats but I think at least one puppy is hiding under her ribs and is too close to her heart to hear the difference. Everyone say a little prayer that the hospital stays slow so I can go home. :)

2 comments:

Biddie said...

My little Shorkie had her first litter last night. Somehow, I stumbled on your blog! A fellow Shorkie lover!
My Ruby had 5 pups last night and she was soo brave. I will be back to check on your lil girls progress!
Biddie

Jenn said...

Congratulations on your crew.. I had five with Daisy... they are soooo much fun! Around week 5 they all become houdini's!