Friday, January 30, 2009

2 day old Shih Poos


This morning I weighed all the puppies, only two have gained weight. So we are starting some bottle feedings to supplement what Ella can provide for them. This will help them gain weight as well as relieve Ella a bit. Ella is pigging out on all sorts of food to put some weight on, but that is not going to happen for a few more weeks.

We did run into one problem. I used a sharpie on the three white ones to differentiate them, and it has disappeared! One of the white girls is more of a caramel white so I can tell her apart. However the other two are exactly alike. The only way I can currently tell them apart is by the length of their umbilical cord. Kim will need to come up with something else to tell those two apart.

Everyone is doing really well! Here is a pic of them sleeping, all lined up. I have a heating pad under the blanket to help keep them warm.

0 comments: