Friday, January 23, 2009

Brand New Litter of Shih Poos!

Daisy's Mom Ella is staying with us this week. She is due to have her puppies at anytime. It's been an interesting day, I have three generations of dogs in my house. Ella, her daughter Daisy, and her Grandson Bentley. Daisy and Bentley love to play and Ella sure wants to join in but that will have to wait until the puppies are born.

Ella is doing really well. Her milk came in on Wednesday and her temp dropped to 98.7 at 7pm tonight. So she should have the puppies within the next 24 hours. I think they will come sometime in the middle of the night. She is sleeping really deep right now, not even waking up when you walk by her. She is drinking a lot of water, but not eating any food. Her belly has dropped and she officially has the "swelly belly" going on. She keeps wanting to go outside but when I take her she just looks for poop to eat. So we are staying inside now, especially since some creepy fog has rolled in. This would not be a good time to lose Ella.

Good thing we had a lazy day because I feel we are going to have a long night ahead of us. I will put up some pics soon.

0 comments: