Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I have finally found a good groomer



Daisy has been a bit of a mess the last couple of weeks. Her hair is so long and she got into a bunch of grass stickers that matted up her fur. So it was time to get a haircut. The puppies are now old enough that they can be away from her for a few hours. So I called around and of course everyone is booked. So I had heard of a new place called Utah pet Center, that my friend Brandon highly praised. I called them up, and yup they had openings. Then I asked them if I could have her in and out within 2 hours. Yup not a problem. Which to me is amazing... she is usually at the groomers a minimum of 6 hours!!

So we went down to this new full service Pet center. They really do have everything. A hospital, groomer, boarding, and even a cafe to eat at. When I dropped her off they asked a lot of questions about how I wanted the haircut. They even have a board that shows the different lengths to choose from. Daisy always looks so different after a haircut, mainly because I go so long inbetween! She is now back to her skinny self, well except her belly is still pretty full due to milk. Since the puppies are starting to eat dog food I am starting to cut her back on food as she weans them from nursing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Daisy is beautiful. Is the father a yorkie? What color is he? My daughter got a shorkie over the weekend she named it reese we live in Tn. I am dying to have one so I will probably get one this weekend. She said it will be blonde. Are the shorkies easily trained and usually healthy? Someone on the net wants to say all kinds of negetive things about them but of course I don't believe all I read. My daughters seems very playful and healthy and alert. I just wanted to ask you. Thanks so much yours are beautiful. Mary

Jenn said...

Hi Mary! Yes the father is a Yorkie and there is a pic on here if you go to April. He is black with tan markings and looks most like Bentley. Ace and Teddy should become more blonde as they grow up. Most shorkies are born brown with black and white markings. As they grow they brown turns blonde. Most negative comments come from people that want to keep the Yorkie and Shih Tzu breed separate. I can understand loving a particular breed, but most breeds started out as a mix of something else. Shorkies are very easy to train, but you have to train them. They are calmer then the Yorkie breed and don't bark as much. They are very cuddly and sweet and love attention. Here is a link to a great message board so you can share stories with others. They are also really quick to answer questions

http://www.shorkietalk.com/

Jenn said...

PS. Creating a mix breed creates a healthier dog each breed would only be a carrier of certain health problems. Pure breeds have a higher instance of health problems since both parents can be carriers of a particular trait. I have had no health concerns with Daisy outside of occassional allergies