Monday, February 7, 2011

Puppy watch 2011

Well Daisy is really starting to get big, she should have the puppies by Sunday or Monday.  I've set up her whelping box and she is starting to nest and get ready for delivery.  I've gathered all the things I need for the whelp, so now we just sit and wait.


It will be interesting to see if litter #3 comes at the same time as the previous litters.  Both litters were born on day 61 and the deliveries started between 7 and 8 pm.  Since I used the same stud last year we are hoping for another 50/50 mix of boys and girls !  It will be interesting to see if they resemble the first litter or not. Right now I'm leaning towards using the names Jack and Rose, Rhett and Scarlet.  However I haven't really found the last couple of names.  I like Romeo but not Juliet.  Sonny and Cher just aren't meshing either.  However I do love the movie "The Notebook" and I like the thought of Noah and Allie.. but my new niece is named Allie.  Oh well I have a week to find the right fit!  LOL

Here is a pic of the dogs that seem to have taken over my couch!

0 comments: